Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Kano governor Abba Yusuf tackles Tinubu, says his N500bn palliative favours Lagos than North

Kano governor Abba Kabir Yusuf tackles Tinubu, says his N500bn palliative favors Lagos than North The N500 billion palliative sharing formul...


Kano governor Abba Kabir Yusuf tackles Tinubu, says his N500bn palliative favors Lagos than North


The N500 billion palliative sharing formula proposed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been criticized by Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf.


On July 13, Tinubu's administration unveiled a plan to pay N8,000 over the course of six months to 12 million families in an effort to lessen the hardships that Nigerians are currently experiencing as a result of the loss of subsidies.


According to the president, it was support to help poor and vulnerable Nigerians manage the cost of providing for their basic necessities.


Through his deputy, Comrade Aminu Abdussalam, Governor Yusuf commented on the sharing formula and claimed that it was excessively biased in favor of Lagos state and the South-South zone at the expense of other states and zones.


According to him, Lagos would get 47% of the budget, followed by the South-South Zone with 17%, while other regions will get far lower amounts.

Yusuf stated during a meeting with representatives from the Kano Cooperative Society at the state government house that "This is unfair, unconstitutional, and illegal." He urged the responsible parties to make amends and take the necessary action against the offenders, including members of the National Assembly.


Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra and a presidential contender for the Labour Party (LP), has dismissed rumors that he is planning to run for president in 2027 beginning in 2023.


Obi claimed that the accusations are "bogus" and that he has never given any interviews or made press statements to that effect in a statement posted on its Twitter account on Saturday.


Additionally, he denied claims that he objected to President Bola Tinubu's purported invitation to state governors, including those chosen on the platforms of the opposition People's Democratic Party (PDP) and Liberation Party (LP), to serve on the boards and parastatals of federal government organizations that the president dissolved last month. Obi claimed that his attention has never been on securing political posts or advancing his own career, but rather on building a new Nigeria.


"Our messages during the electioneering campaigns were all issue-driven," he claimed.

"I have become alarmed by a developing trend in which fabricated news stories and media reports are based on interviews and press statements I never gave. I recently mentioned in two instances that I'm excited to run for politics in 2027 during a claimed Arise TV interview that never happened. The second concerns my response to potential Federal Government nominees. Both stories are false. Unfortunately, our politics have descended to such a pitiful level that the manipulation of the media is now a business.


"As for me, I'll keep discussing pressing national issues with reputable news and media outlets. But I'm not going to worry about those cheap distraction trolls. My attention and the Obedient Movement's emphasis won't stray from the original goal of establishing a new Nigeria, which we both believe is feasible. Our focus has always been on placing the country on the correct track and strengthening our democracy by assisting in the uplift and empowerment of those who are oppressed in our society, not on political positions or personal gratification.


CLICK @JAKADIYA For More Updates

© Jakadiyar Arewa 

Ads h